Having a hard time finding a mask to wear? Unfortunately it’s a problem that many people are facing right now as the demand for them increased rapidly. It seemed that they were sold out online everywhere, we were able to find some on Etsy, but that can take days to ship to you, and with some cities making it mandatory to wear a mask when going into essential businesses, you might not have a few days to spare. So here is a solution that the CDC put out for people to use when they don’t have the ability of getting a proper mask.
You might have seen a few celebrities showing a how-to video of this no-sew mask recently on Instagram! It’s very easy and all you need is a square piece of fabric (such as a bandanna) that is at least 20″ x 20′ and two hair elastics or elastic bands. Follow the steps below:
- Lay your piece of fabric out on a flat surface.
- Now, fold the fabric from the bottom to the middle and from the top to the middle. Repeat this step one more time.
- Now take your elastic and put one over each end. It should resemble a candy wrapper.
- Now fold the excess material on the left and right side so that they meet in the middle.
- You should now be able to put the mask up to your face and put an elastic around each ear keeping the fabric snug over your face.
Below is a video from the CDC demonstrating exactly how to make this face mask as well.