Have You Heard of OpenOffice?
We’re guessing you haven’t. OpenOffice is slowly gaining popularity for one main reason, it’s free. OpenOffice is an open-source office productivity software suite. What does that mean? It means that it’s very similar to Microsoft Office, except it’s free! It’s official known as Apache OpenOffice.
Programs They Have
Here is a list of the programs that they have and what those programs do.
- Base – This is a database application. It allows you to access your data on an external database (i.e. MySQL).
- Calc – This is a spreadsheet tool. This is the closest free tool you’ll find that would be comparable to Excel.
- Draw – This is an application that lets you create logos, charts, and other graphic designs.
- Impress – This is a presentation tool that allows you to create presentations. It’s comparable to PowerPoint.
- Math – This tool is for creating scientific formulas and equations. Great for students in advanced college math courses.
- Writer – This tool is comparable to Word. You can use it for creating reports, lists, etc.
If you are interested in downloading any of their applications, check out their website here.